StealthGenie used to be a competitive cell phone spyware until 2014. That’s when the CEO of the company was arrested and fined for distributing the app that didn’t meet legal requirements. The software as well as the company’s website are no longer available.
StealthGenie’s Key Features
Designed for devices operating on iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms, the software offered quite a few valuable features. Similarly to existing monitoring apps, StealthGenie allowed:
- Call tracking and recording;
- Reading SMS and email;
- Accessing users’ multimedia files, address book and calendar;
- Checking browsing history and accessing bookmarks;
- Listening to surroundings and recording the sounds;
- Getting notifications regarding SIM card changes and entering certain key words/phone numbers. This feature is highly valued among parents who want to know if their children communicate with the right people and behave well;
- Controlling a phone remotely (locking a phone, wiping data and sending other commands from your online account).
GPS Location Monitoring
StealthGenie had a GPS system for real-time location tracking and incorporated a geo-fencing feature to notify parents/employers about the whereabouts of their children and employees.
StealthGenie did not provide blocking capabilities for users. Therefore, it was not possible to restrict calls and block improper content.
Even though the company claimed to provide 24/7 support, there was no contact phone nor official address.
StealthGenie was available for quite a competitive price: $8 – $16/per month, depending on the package. Considering the fact that the app was taken down, users with valid subscriptions just lost their money.
StealthGenie’s POSITIVE FEATURES
StealthGenie offered many features for parental monitoring, including geo-fencing, call recording and remote control.
StealthGenie’s NEGATIVE FEATURES
Since the app didn’t comply to the legal standards, it undermined the reputation of the company.
According to the reviews from previous customers, StealthGenie used a lot of data, which significantly reduced the battery life. Some features were not available. Furthermore, technical support regarding installation was very poor. Finally, people who wanted to get a refund never got their money back.
As the app is no longer available for download, it is impossible to recommend it. However, if the company decides to bring it back to the market, you can try it unless blocking features and professional customer support are of crucial importance for you.