The spy software market is on the rise now, with new programs being introduced more frequently than ever. Today we’ll cover Appmia, a program with longer history than its newer counterparts. Its outstanding monitoring capabilities are well known in the community, but what about its safety, reliability, and the user experience it gives? We’re going to answer these questions in this review, so carry on reading.
Appmia used to be fairly similar to StealthGenie, but due to the arrest of the latter’s CEO and the subsequent suspension of the service led to us looking for alternative software, which is how we discovered Appmia. The first thing you notice about this program is its price – while its features are on par with the competition, the prices are definitely in the higher range.
Recently the spy phone software industry saw some crucial changes – namely, two of the programs, mSpy and Mobilespy have lost their recording capabilities, and Mobilespy can no longer be hidden. These changes made Appmia seem even more attractive to the customers, and their Premium version seems reasonably priced compared to other offers. Today we’re reviewing Appmia Extreme, and, judging by the undeniably improved quality of the software, Appmia developers have done some really good work.
Appmia offers monitoring on a wide range of devices, including iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets, BlackBerry phones, and Nokia Symbian devices. Keep in mind that for the software to work not only does the operating system need to be supported, but the device must also be internet-enabled (either mobile data or Wi-Fi). Apple devices must be jailbroken before the software can be installed. Here are the supported platforms:
- Apple devices – up to iOS 9.0.x;
- Android devices – up to 5.1.1 Lollipop;
- Nokia Symbian – Anna + Belle versions;
- BlackBerry – up to 7.1.
The selection of features available for every device is different, so consult their website to find out which features you can access on your phone. For instance, call recording is a feature that can be accessed only on rooted Android phones.
New Installation Process
Inexperienced users often had troubles installing Appmia on their phones, especially when it came to rooting their Android or jailbreaking the Apple device. Luckily, now you can get assistance from a Appmia expert for just $39, who will not only jailbreak or root your device, but will also install the software for you. All you need to do is obtain the device you’re planning to spy on, schedule an appointment with the technical support, and plug it to your laptop or PC. The support representative then will be able to access your computer directly and finish the installation of the software. If you’ve never jailbroken or rooted devices before and are feeling nervous – this service will help you overcome the fear. Get to know more about setup assistance on the software’s website.
Appmia comes in two monitoring packages, Extreme, equipped by all available features and components, and Premium, a standard version with an affordable price. Using the website’s comparison guide, you will be able to determine the suitable package. The standard package includes numerous useful features, like GPS tracking, call logs, access to contacts, emails, and chat apps, as well as media, browsing history, bookmarked website, and social networking activity – all of these features are available in the Premium package.
IM and Social Media Services
Since these days more people prefer to use chat applications for communication instead of text messages, there is a long list of messaging apps that can be accessed through Appmia. This list includes Viber, WhatsApp, Facebook and messenger, Skype, Google Hangouts, iMessage, Line, SnapChat, WeChat, Yahoo messenger, and several other apps. New applications and services are added to the list of supported apps every month, so keep an eye for updates on this matter. Make sure your target phone supports the particular services you want to get access to.
Next Level Monitoring
If you’re looking for advanced capabilities in phone spying, Appmia Extreme is exactly what you need, because this package is the only one to give you the following features:
- Call recording;
- Live call intercept;
- Background recording of the phone surroundings.
These capabilities used to be available in other kinds of spying software, but due to the recent legal action against StealthGenie a lot of services like mSpy and Mobilespy dropped support for recording from their features. Appmia, however, is located outside the US, which means they operate under different laws, and are able to preserve the recording features. Nevertheless, you should note to use this software exclusively for legal purposes, otherwise you may in some way break the law. It is possible that other services will add the recording capability in the future, but at the moment Appmia has no alternatives in the market.
How Effective Is It?
We have tested numerous advanced capabilities and here is what we found. The recording feature works best on a rooted Android device with good connection quality. If the mobile reception in your area is poor, the recording might not be as detailed as you expect – for example, the conversation may be recorded in pieces. VLC Media player is your best choice for listening to the recorded calls.
Call intercept is an exceptionally useful capability, but only if your phone supports it and if the target phone supports conference calls. Here is how it works: your phone is added to a conversation, but you are muted and can only listen to what is going on. This feature is especially popular with corporate users and parents.
Although call recording and intercept are essential features for many users, there are other Appmia capabilities you can take advantage of:
- Remote upgrade and update – in order to be able to spy on a phone for an unlimited time you need to install Appmia just once. After that you’ll get the opportunity to control the used features via the Control Center, including updating the software and upgrading to the Extreme package. Pause, start and delete the program completely remotely.
- Regular alerts – if you want to get notifications after the target user used a key word in a phone call or text message, set up an alert system and get notifications directly.
- Block apps – with the help of Appmia you’ll be able to see the apps installed on the target phone, remove them, or close once they’re opened.
- Password logger – this feature is available in the Extreme version and can be purchased separately online. Through this feature you will get access to everything the user enters on his device, including login information and various codes, social media usernames and passwords. You can even get the passkey that unlocks the phone. Keep in mind that you need a legal right to get access to those details.
- GPS tracking – if you want to see where the target phone is at any given moment, use this feature and see the location on the live map. This feature also give you access to the history of locations, so you can know the whereabouts of the phone at any time in the past. Additionally you can impose limits on the map and get notifications every time the phone leaves the area within the limits. Set up the boundaries in the Control Center.
As you can see, both versions of Appmia offer a decent range of capabilities, incorporated into an easy-to-use control panel. So what about their prices?
Both Premium and Extreme can be bought for various terms, from a month to one year.
- Appmia Basic:1 month – $29,99; 6 months – $75,99; 1 year – $99,99;
- Appmia Premium:1 month – $64,99; 3 months – $119,99; 6 months – $169,99; 1 year – $194,99;
- Appmia Lifetime: 1 device – $599,99; 2 devices – $699,99.
What Makes Appmia Better?
One of the things that draw a lot of customers towards Appmia is the abundance of useful and rare capabilities, but that’s not all it has to offer. This is what you’ll get with this software:
- Absolute secrecy. If you want to get access to the most well-hidden spy software available today, there’s no other app you need to try. For complete security you can even conceal the traces of jailbreaking or rooting the device by hiding the Cydia or SuperUser app. No antivirus program is able to detect Appmia, and it will never show up on the app list in the target phone.
- User-friendly interface. While experienced users rarely have problem with spying software, it is still possible to get confused with the installation and use of the app, which is why Appmia’s installation wizard is a wonderful solution for first-time users. You no longer have to struggle with the complicated set up process – just use this guide.
- Multi-device support. If you want to switch devices, but don’t want to lose your Appmia license, you can easily transfer it to a new device, even to a new platform. This feature is not often present with other spying programs, but here you can move from iPhone to Android phone in a few simple steps without overpaying for a new license.
Appmia is very helpful when it comes to customer support. Their customer service is open 6 days a week, 24 hours a day, and can be accesses via email and live chat. Moreover, their website has numerous resources, how-to articles, video tutorials, and all kinds of guides to help you get the most from your software. Give these guides a look before buying Appmia to know exactly what you’re paying for.
Money-back guarantee is your ability to get a refund within 10 days from the purchase, which makes it easier for you to evaluate your decision to buy Appmia.
Extensive language support helps customers from different parts of the world access the website. Currently Appmia comes in English, Deutsch, Italiano, Chinese, Portuguese, Espanol, Russian, Thai, and Turkish.
Appmia Review: Overall Opinion
Appmia is a highly recommendable monitoring software, but under the condition that you know exactly what you’re doing. There are dozens of essential features available in this program, and many of them are unique to the market, like phone recording.
If you don’t have the need for advanced features and are perfectly happy with standard capabilities, then you can choose between Appmia and similar programs like mSpy, which are in the same price range. Nevertheless, they can differ in features, so before you make a purchase, make sure to carefully review the possibilities of each program and pick the software that meets your demands.
The legal action against StealthGenie has made similar companies abide by the US law to avoid being shut down, but since Appmia is not a US-based company, the probability of them being shut down is very low, so as long as you comply with the law of your own country, you can expect years of safe and secure service with Appmia without any kind of legal consequences.